We are excited to host the Krav Maga Workshop by Forge Combatives in Chennai!
Date: Sep 1st, 2018
Registration fee: ₹1500/-
Venue: Krav Maga HQ, Chennai
Time: To be announced soon
Pre-Register your interest by filling the form below:
For all those who are less acquainted with this self defence system, here’s a brief note on what this is all about:
What is Krav Maga?
Krav maga is a self defence system that was first devised by the Israeli Military back in its forming days during the world war II. It was initially created for the Israeli special forces after the IDF (Israeli Defence Force) was formed but down the line, due to it’s logical and flexible combative approach towards self defence and self protection, it gained wide popularity with the civilian crowd.
The name in Hebrew can be translated as “contact combat”. The root word krav (קרב) means “combat” and maga (מגע) means “contact”. The Krav Maga association was officially founded back in 1978, by Imi Lichtenfeld with the core combat principles taken from boxing, wrestling and judo. To this day, street smart and effective is what Krav maga stands to be as a definition.
Now, Krav maga is practised and trained worldwide and is considered one of the top three go to combative system, besides the GST (Gracie Survival Tactics) & the MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program), for most of the elite military, law enforcement, security and protection agencies.
About Shyam (the trainer)
- Shyam started training in martial arts at the age of 6 with Kyokushin Kai karate and earned his 2nd degree black belt at the age of 14;
- He got into krav maga in 2011. Since then, he has been the assistant trainer for the Tamilnadu black cat commando units, and has also been an MMA fighter for 2.5 years;
- He began his journey as an instructor in 2016, and is the proud founder of FORGE COMBATIVES, his very own self defense and combat fitness brand;
- A certified functional and movement practitioner/trainer, Shyam’s vision is to promote the awareness of self defense, and bio mechanical functionality of the human body;
- A firm believer in the street combat system devised by W.E.Fairbairn Sykes, Shyam’s forte is “The street threat perception” & the “psychological aspect in training the mind for a street confrontation.
What will you learn in this workshop?
- Introduction to self- defense;
- The basics of Combative Biomechnics;
- Bio mechanics and functionality in krav maga;
- Technique demonstration;
- Striking demonstration;
- A quick interactive session;
- Some fun games to train in functionality & mental “resilience”;
- Examples of Bio mechanic/functional exercises…